- Play a key role within the new 24/7 Operations Command and Control Centre based in Maidenhead.
- Oversee and drive the diagnosis, root cause, and fix of Middleware incidents.
- Manage, maintain, support, and improve the Maersk IT Support, Operations, and Engineering department’s ability to respond to incidents across the entirety of the IT Middleware estate.
- Undertake root cause analysis of incidents and follow up through the Problem Management processes to ensure identified remedial actions are undertaken to prevent further reoccurrence.
- Responsible for restoring middleware elements to ensure SLA targets are met to provide a consistent service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Incident management – Actively monitor inbound incident reports in the Maersk Service management tool and triage by business impact.
- Work with vendors and subject matter expert colleagues to identify appropriate paths to resolve the issue and stop the ongoing business impact.
- Document, communicate, and log follow up actions for later triage, prioritisation, and action to avoid recurrences.
- Serve as an Incident Management escalation point when called upon.
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Proven experience gained in a similar role, within a large global/enterprise organisation.
- Proven abilities to communicate with key stakeholders across the business and IT.
- Proven expertise in major incident management, ideally within large regional or global companies.
- Proven Service Management background, based on ITIL principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of both a physical and VM server environment.
Technical – Essential
- Enterprise messaging products - IBM MQ Series v7 – 9 administration.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows.
- Experience writing and maintaining Unix shell scripts.
Technical – Desirable
- Enterprise messaging products - IBM Message Broker/Integration Bus v9 – 10 administration.
- Knowledge of and exposure to Automation Techniques and Tools, e.g. Puppet